The Engineering News Record’s annual ranking of the largest construction management for fee firms shows that Urban has moved up to No. 36 nationally among all firms offering such services. Last year, Urban was ranked No. 38.
Urban ranked No. 1 in this category among Philadelphia-based firms and No. 2 among firms based in Pennsylvania.
The rankings are based on 2010 revenues, including revenue from program management activities.
Major projects in Urban’s 2010 construction management revenues include:
- Improvements to Interchange 8 for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority
- Walt Whitman Bridge Deck Rehabilitation for the Delaware River Port
- Widening of the Garden State Parkway from Milepost 63-80 for the NewJersey Turnpike Authority
- Lehigh River Bridge Replacement for the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
- Improvements to the South Bronx Greenway for the New York City Economic
- Reconstruction of Metropark Station for New Jersey Transit
- I-95 Interchange with the Pennsylvania Turnpike for the Pennsylvania
- Construction of the Component Change Out Shop at the New Haven Rail
Yard for the Connecticut Department of Transportation
- SR 202, SR 309, and Commodore Barry Bridge Ramps for the Pennsylvania
Department of Transportation
- Open-End Contracts that included assignments on I-81, I-76, I-95, and US 1
for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation